Tennessee Disability Grants

Disability Grants and Funding for Tennessee Residents

Tennessee disability grants for Tennessee residents provide help for you or your family members for the purpose of purchasing a wheelchair, scooter, wheelchair lift, stair lift  or some other mobility device for yourself or a loved one with limited mobility.  Whether you want to buy a handicap van, a wheelchair lift, a stair lift, platform lift, verical lift or to install hand controls or accessibility equipment; grants and funding assistance are readily available.

Disability grants for Tennessee residents are your ticket to handicapped accommodating equipment and devices. Finding them can seem overwhelming which is why we at Richmond Stair Lifts compiled a list of the best places for you to begin looking. The following groups either provide financial assistance directly, or they help you track down the disability grants you’re most likely eligible for. Contact all the relevant groups and compare the options.

So, regardless if you live in Nashville or some other Tennessee town, don’t forget to talk to representatives at Tennessee chapters of charitable organizations devoted to your specific disability. These groups commonly provide grants, and they can steer you toward other sources.

Star Center

The Star Center in Tennessee is an assistive technology resource for disabled state residents. If you have question about using such technologies, or if you’re seeking ways to pay for them, this organization can help.

1119 Old Humboldt Road
Jackson, TN 38305
(731) 668-3888



Tennessee Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRCs)

For Tennessee residents who have a disability or age-related impaired mobility, ADRCs are located around the state to provide reliable information and services. You can find your local branch via the link above. Make it an early point of contact when you start seeking disability grants for a wheelchair van or handicap modifications and equipment.

502 Deaderick Street, 9th Floor
Nashville, TN 37243-0860
(615) 741-2056



Tennessee Area Agencies on Aging and Disability (AAAD)

Use this link to find the AAAD office serving your section of the state. If you or a family member needs a handicapped-accessible vehicle to maintain independence, this is definitely an agency to get in touch with.

(866) 836-6678



Tennessee Association for Assistive Technology (TAAT)

TAAT works to increase access to assistive technologies that help persons with disabilities compensate for physical limitations. It can help you figure out what technologies to use, teach you how to use them, let you try them out before making the investment and show you where to get financial aid.

1432 East Lee Hwy
Loudon, TN 37774
(865) 458-8900



Tennessee Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)

The Tennessee VA engages in outreach and offers services and support to the state’s resident US veterans. If your limited mobility is a result of your participation in the military or of receiving VA-sponsored care, you may be in line for a disability grant applicable toward a handicap van.

312 Rosa L. Parks Avenue, 13th Floor
Nashville, TN 37243
(615) 741-2931



Tennessee Disability Coalition

The Coalition is a group of individuals and organizations invested in promoting the full participation of Tennessee’s disabled children and adults. Its grant money generally goes to groups working towards these same ends, rather than individuals. However, the Coalition will assist you in locating appropriate grants you can use to offset the cost of a wheelchair van or accessibility conversions and equipment.

955 Woodland Street
Nashville, TN 37206
(615) 383-9442 or (888) 643-7811



Tennessee Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC)

SILCs are federally mandated and present in every state. By law, their boards are more than half made up of individuals with disabilities. The Tennessee SILC promotes access to housing, transportation, employment, physical and mental health resources and other aspects of independent living for disabled residents. The Council won’t award you a grant, but it will help you in your search.

2601 Elm Hill Pike
Suite O
Nashville, TN 37214
(615) 255-0283



Tennessee Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VRS)

Tennessee’s VRS helps the state’s disabled residents enter into or return to employment. If earning a livelihood requires handicapped-accommodating transportation, you may qualify for a disability grant from this agency of the Department of Human Services.

Citizens Plaza State Office Building
2nd Floor, 400 Deaderick Street
Nashville, TN 37243-1403
(615) 313-4891 or (800) 270-1349


Call Today for a FREE Consultation